The UPCC developed a "Train-the-Trainer" program. This program is supported by a grant from Health Resources and Services Administration; Maternal and Child Health Bureau. The purpose of the training is to build community capacity to provide poison prevention throughout the state and allow the UPCC to stretch its limited resources.
If you are interested in scheduling a training in your area, contact Sherrie Pace.
Additional lesson plans are available for various age groups.
- Poison Safety: Lesson Plans for Pre K - 6th grade Children
- Inhalant Prevention: Lesson Plans for 4th grade and above
- Buzz in a Bottle: Energy Drink Dangers, Lesson Plan for Teens
- Young Parent (Teen Mom) Lesson Plan
- Babysitter's Guide to Poison Prevention Lesson Plan
- Poison Prevention...Keeping Families Safe: Lesson Plan for Adults
- Medication Safety and Poison Prevention: Lesson Plan for Older Adults
- Medicines in My home
- Over-The-Counter (OTC) Medicine Safety
For additional information about the UPCC's education programs, contact Sherrie Pace, MS, MCHES.