Thank you for all your efforts to advocate for the Utah Poison Control Center (UPCC). Your support was invaluable in securing success with our supplemental funding request! The 2018 Utah Legislature Executive Appropriations Committee voted to appropriate $535,000 in ongoing funding for the Utah Poison Control Center. Subsequently HB2 quickly passed in both the house and senate. This supplemental appropriation restores funding cut to the UPCC during the 2014 legislative session.
We are very grateful to the Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee for prioritizing the UPCCs funding request and for all of YOUR efforts on behalf the UPCC.
A Special Thank you to:
- The Utah Legislature
- The University of Utah leadership, especially Jason Perry, University of Utah Vice President for Government Affairs
- Michelle McOmber, Chief Executive Officer, Utah Medical Association
- Our partners in health care, public health and numerous other state agencies
- Members of the UPCC Advisory Board and the UPCC staff
- Our callers and patients
Thank you for helping the Utah Poison Control Center to continue providing free, expert and confidential poison help to Utahn’s of all ages 24/7/365. The Utah Poison Control Center is something you never outgrow and it remains an excellent value to all. By managing most poisoning exposures onsite, the UPCC reduces unnecessary health care spending for an estimated annual cost savings of:
- $50 million to all who pay for health care
- $10 million to State of Utah for reduced healthcare costs to Medicaid and Medicare recipients
We are indebted to each and every one of you for your ongoing support. Thank you so much!