National Poison Prevention Week
March 20th – March 26th, 2022
National Poison Prevention week (NPPW) was established in 1961 to call attention to the dangers of poisonings. Safety interventions, such as child resistant closures and poison prevention campaigns, have saved thousands of lives. Poisonings can happen at any age and all people can benefit from poison prevention education. In an effort to raise awareness, the Utah Poison Control Center (UPCC) joins poison centers around the country to observe NPPW. Below are some ways to promote NPPW in your home and community and to spread the poison prevention message.
Ideas to Promote NPPW In Your Home And Community
- 16 Tips to prevent poisonings
- Create a video or poster for the National Poison Prevention Week Contest
- Engage on Social Media during Poison Prevention Week to help spread the message
- Present a program for elementary students, parents and caregivers, seniors
- View national and state of Utah statistics.
- Display poison prevention materials at your workplace, church, or other affiliation. Call 1-800-222-1222 to order.
- Download, print and display the NPPW poster.
- Encourage everyone to save the 1-800-222-1222 poison control number in their cell phone.
- Set up Poison Prevention Week displays. Examples: Display #1 Display #2
- Poison Prevention Week on a national level